With the goal of encouraging further education and promoting lifelong learning, Frontier School Division offers Continuing Education. Our community members have the opportunity to participate in programs to expand their knowledge, skills, activity levels and ultimately their overall well-being.
Frontier School Division has offered programs such as basic home maintenance, carpentry, welding and small motor mechanics.
To fund programs, Frontier has partnered with various organizations including:
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Service Canada
- Manitoba Housing
- Manitoba Hydro
- Manitoba Metis Federation
- Northern Affairs Manitoba
- Manitoba Construction Sector Council
- Northern Sector Council
Frontier also works closely with the University College of the North to provide opportunities for all of our communities.
How to Apply
- Complete the Continuing Education application form
- Discuss the following at your next school committee meeting:
- What activities/courses would people from the community have an interest in?
- What activities/courses would people from the community benefit from?
- Who would be able to instruct the course?
- Who would be interested in taking the course?
- Once the course and teacher have been selected, advertise around the community for people to register
- Fill out the course application and course outline forms and obtain the approval signatures of your Principal and School Committee Chairperson
- Send the application to Brent Johnson, Continuing Education Coordinator for final approval
For more information, please contact: